Deacon Paul’s Administrative Update
Following are ADMINISTRATIVE updates that may be of some interest to parishioners:
We are pleased to announce the return to Public Masses at the direction of Bishop Ricken beginning June 13-14. Limits on Public Gatherings and Social Distancing prohibit more than 75 people in the church. For guidelines for the return to these Masses click here: Return To Mass 6 14 2020 Please review before attending mass. Fr. Jim Feeley has agreed to be our celebrant for DAILY MASS ON MONDAY, TUESDAY AND FRIDAY AT 7:00 AM THROUGHOUT SUMMER.
Fr.William Stout OFM, from the BVM Province will be our celebrate for Saturday 4:00 PM and Sunday 9:00 AM Masses through August 31. The Church will continue to be open to all Parishioners for quiet prayer from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM on Monday and Tuesdays. Please take advantage of this opportunity to quietly pray with our Lord.
- We will continue providing Sunday Mass from St. Mary of the Angels via LIVE STREAM. To access all you need to do is go to the Parish WEB PAGE on your computer or mobile unit.(www.stmaryoftheangels.org). On the immediate top of the Web Page you will see a box to click on which will bring you directly to the LIVE STREAM MASS. Mass will now be LIVE STREAMED on Sunday at 9:00 am. If you do not have a computer, call your neighbor or grandchildren and have them bring over their laptop or cell phone for your to view the Mass!
- The election of our Parish Trustee for a new two year term beginning July 1 will now be postponed until fall. The election was to have been held on the first weekend in June during Mass. The current Trustee, Bill LaLuzerne, has agreed to stay on as Trustee until the new Trustee is elected in the fall. Anyone interested in running for the Trustee position may contact Deacon Paul at 437-1979
- The interior Restoration of the Church is now complete (and paid for!) with the exception that we are still working on hanging additional light fixtures. There are also some additional long term interior projects such as a new Confessional that we outlined in the last Angelus. We will now be concentration on some outside work on the Church that needs to be done before next winter. This would include upgrading the outside steps, landscaping, and erecting a new outdoor sign. We continue to receive donations for the Restoration (Thank You) and we will continue to keep you updated on the outside Restoration developments.
- Barb Perez is forming a Church cleaning (beatification) committee that will meet once or twice (or more often as needed) per month to help dust, clean, sweep and otherwise take care of the Church Interior. If you are interested in helping out with this important ministry, please contact Barb Perez at 327-2308. Both Men and Women can help clean!!
- During the COVID-19 Crises, we were able to conduct a Parish wide Census with the help of 14 phone volunteers. Thank you to all who helped with this Parish Census. We will soon have the results of the Census and will publish in the next Angelus. Those that we could not reach by phone have been mailed a letter with a questionnaire to return. Please respond to the questionnaire if you received one. Also, if you know of anyone who was not contacted and is a Parishioner, or wants to be a Parishioner, please phone Beth at 437-1979.
- Financially, not having weekend Masses has negatively affected our collections (about 30% lower). However, with the help of volunteers and the Parishioners who so generously give to the Parish, we will be able to make it through this crises. We thank all Parishioners who have continued their giving during this suspension time. Please keep giving what you are able to afford as our costs to operate the Parish have not gone down during this Crises. Also, please consider giving ON LINE. Directions for ON LINE GIVING are at our web sit or feel free to contact Mary Chris at 437-1979 and she will assist you. Also, the school vestibule is open Monday through Thursday during work day hours for envelope drop off or simply mail your envelope to the Parish Offices. Without the generosity of our Parishioners, we would not be able to exist so THANK YOU AGAIN for your donations to the Parish.
- We will be conduction a second round of phone calls to all Parishioners within the next two to three weeks to follow up on how each of you are doing. Also, if you need any help during this Crises, please contact us at the Parish Office, 437-1979, or email us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will respond as soon as we are able. Stay Well Everyone!
- SAVE THE DATE Please mark Sunday<October 4, 2020 from 10:30 am – 3:30 pm on your calendars for the Parish Fall Feast at Riverside Ballroom. The Packers do not play that day!! Moe details to follow.
- The Parish Fundraising Committee along with members of the Men’s Club, are planning to sponsor a carry-out only BOOYAH Sale. This will occur following Mass on June 14th. Watch for more information in the bulletin and on the Website.